Our Childrens Residential Care Homes require outstanding people, after all, an outstanding company is made up of outstanding people. In order to give our young people the best foundations, we require a diverse and creative team.
We are an extremely people focused business who centre everything around them. In return we expect dedication and a willingness for you to be an implementer of change. If something doesn't work, or could be better, we want you to be bold enough to tell us how to change it.
We invest heavily in staff development and we will ensure you get the best out of your career. Caring for youg people with emotional & behavioural difficulties can be intense, and it takes a special person to help make a difference. All of our young people are on a minimum of a 1 - 1 staff ratio, so you will have a real chance to leave your mark. As well as working directly with the young people, there is alot of admin to complete in the background. As you are working 1 - 1 with the young person, everything you do is relied upon that bit more.
As a company we are innovative and bold, and we expect you to carry these same values.
We're a small family run provider, which means you can easily carve your own career path. We expect you to take the lead with your own development, and we'll support you 100%.
Our care homes are staffed 24/7/365. All staff will be expected to work at least alternative weekends & some late shifts.
All of the policies and procedures that exist to safeguard children, do so for a very good reason. We would therefore suggest you read the resources that we have on offer.
If you are successful for an interview then some of our questions will be around your knowledge of the industry.
Two friends were fishing at the river when they noticed a scorpion that was drowning. One of them immediately scooped it up and set it upon the bank. In the process he was stung. He went back to fishing and again the scorpion fell in. The man saved the scorpion and was again stung.
The other friend asked him, "Why do you continue to save the scorpion when you know it will always sting you?"
Because, the man replied, "to help is what I will always do"
Even if we are not currently recruiting for a role you require, we welcome speculative applications.
As an example we class experience as working within a Residential Childrens Home for young people with Emotional & Behavioural difficulties, or working directly with these young people, such as in YOT, CAMHS, PRU's etc.
Some of the benefits
- Optical Cover
- Upto an annual limit, our health plan covers Sight-test fees, fitting fees, prescription glasses, including frames and lenses, contact lenses, repairs, sunglasses etc.
- Dental Cover
- Upto an annual limit, our health plan covers Dentist Appointments, White Fillings, Bridges, Scale & Polish, X Rays etc.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- You are entitled to use a Health & Counselling helpline which covers a range of topics such as medical, legal, health and wellbeing matters, as well as telephone counselling. You are also entitled to upto six face to face counselling sessions with a qualified BACP counsellor.
- Other cover
- There is so much more to our health plan, such as consultation & scans cover, physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropody, podiatry, chiropractice, acupuncture & homeopathy. We also include Personal Accident benefit & a Hospital allowance.
- Childcare Vouchers
- As a parent juggling the demands of work and home, you'll know how important it is to be able to find affordable, reliable childcare. Childcare vouchers can help you do just that - so you can carry on working and have peace of mind. You won't pay tax or national insurance on childcare vouchers, you can save about 1,000 per year on your childcare costs!
|Ofsted||Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. They report directly to Parliament and are independent and impartial. Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages. The aim of all this work is to promote improvement and value for money in the services we inspect and regulate, so that children and young people, parents and carers, adult learners and employers benefit.|
|NMS||The NMS together with the regulations such as the Children's Homes Regulations 2001 as amended form the basis of the regulatory framework under the Care Standards Act 2000 (CSA) for the conduct of children's home providers.|
|ECM||Every Child Matters (ECM) is a UK government initiative for England and Wales, that was launched in 2002, at least partly in response to the death of Victoria Climbie|
|Childrens Act 2004||The Children Act 2004 (c 31) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The Act amended the Children Act 1989, largely in consequence of the Victoria Climbie inquiry. The Act is now the basis for most official administration considered helpful to children, notably bringing all local government functions of children's welfare and education under the statutory authority of local Directors of Children's Services.|
|Lancashire LSCB||The Lancashire Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) has a major role to play in ensuring that children and young people in Lancashire are kept safe and that all agencies do what they can to promote their welfare.|
|Cumbria LSCB||The Board represents and coordinates the work of statutory sector agencies and partners in the voluntary sector to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in Cumbria.|